Where the gap spans 2-3 teeth a dental implant bridge may require suitable. This is where an implant is placed at either end of the gap, allowed to heal and anchor to the bone. Once anchored the crowns/bridge is made to connect the 2 implants and thus restoring the gap.
These options are suitable for patients who are unable to tolerate dentures and still have some of their natural teeth present.
Benefits of implant bridges:
1. When you visit Alexandra Dental, you will come in for your initial consultation with Dr Shah or Dr Adeel Ali and discuss your smile concerns and queries.
2. If the gap is pre-existing for over 3 months a CT scan will be completed in-house. A plan will then be sent over within 48 hours to confirm your bespoke treatment plan.
3. We will book you in for your surgery date at your convenience with sedation being an optional extra.
4. Implant placement.
5. You will have a review 2 weeks after surgery to check how things are going and get the sutra removed.
6. You will either have implant exposure with Dr Ali, or a digital measuring of your bridge with Dr Shah.
7. Fitting of your new bridge!
We recommend a soft diet initially (5-7 days) as you will have a new set of teeth fixed in and it will take time for your mouth to settle and find a comfortable position for eating.
Once your implants have been fitted, it is essential to maintain a good oral hygiene routine to ensure they last for as long as possible.
Your dentist at Alexandra Dental will advise you on how best to care for the new implants. This will include brushing and flossing using interdental brushes or Superfloss (recommended) twice daily around the implant. Periodic cleaning with Curasept is advised. You will have an implant review visit after the first year. You will also come in every 4-6 months for check-ups and hygiene visits, depending on your risk factors. A lot of our patients decide to join our membership plan for ongoing maintenance – Denplan.
“To anyone who has been thinking about having implants, don’t hesitate any longer. Make an appointment to see Dr Ali and have the treatment. It’s the best money you will ever spend and you will be so pleased you made that decision.” – Patient testimonial
If you feel you may benefit from our implant dentistry expertise, please contact us for more information or to arrange a consultation on our dedicated implant line - 01442 353304.
All our implant treatments are available on our finance plans with 0% over 12 months.